see more ways our
youth have benefited from
the Ag Center, click here!
Small plots are used at the learning
center for students to identify specific plants. These plots include native grasses and
herbs, legumes, cool season grasses, and annual crops. Several tree species have also been
identified and planted.
The learning center provides many benefits for the
Chillicothe and Green Hills' area.
- Improves the quality of education for area youth
- Helps all area residents develop a basic knowledge of
agricultural production practices
- Provides a laboratory and classroom
- Provides buildings for students to house livestock
- Provides a place for students to operate crop projects
- Develops responsibility through youth livestock and crop
- Encourages the development of human relations and
- Provides an outdoor learning lab for people of all ages
- Allows students to learn about wildlife habitat and
- Includes an outdoor botanical garden which will feature
small tracts of native grasses, forage crops, native trees and shrubs
- Provides a pond for studying aquatic life, food chains,
environmental concerns, etc.
- Provides alternative crop demonstration plots
- Demonstrates various soil conservation practices
- Provides an area for physical education activities, such
as walking, hiking, archery, canoeing, and more
- Demonstrates that agriculture and the environment can work
A large classroom provides a place for
students to gain hands-on experience. They are given a chance to collect
samples from around the center and examine them more closely with the tools
available in the classroom.
Benefits | Goals | Directions |
Current Projects | FFA Alumni
Contact Us | FFA
Chapter | Home Page
Litton Agri-Science Learning
Highway 190, Chillicothe, Missouri 64601
Phone: GRTS at 660-646-3414