Providing students the power to grasp the future!
Our mission is to ensure that students develop into lifelong, self-directed learners who can achieve career success in a technologically-advanced global society.
CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS
Attitude: Students, faculty and staff members pledge to create a community based on the following principles (adapted from the SkillsUSA creed):
- I believe in the dignity of work.
I hold that society has advanced to its present culture through the use of the worker's hands and mind. I will conduct myself with dignity in the work I do.
- I believe in the American way of life.
I know our culture is the result of freedom of action and opportunities won by the founders of our American republic, and I will uphold their ideals.
- I believe in education.
I will endeavor to make the best use of my knowledge, skills and experience in order to be a better worker in my chosen occupation and better citizen in my community. To this end, I will continue my learning now and in the future.
- I believe in fair play.
I will, through honesty and fair play, respect the rights of others. I will always conduct myself in the manner of the best professionals in my occupation and treat those with whom I work as I would like to be treated.
- I believe satisfaction is achieved by good work.
I feel that compensation and personal satisfaction received for my work and services will be in proportion to my creative and productive ability.
- I believe in high moral and spiritual standards.
I will endeavor to conduct myself in such a manner as to set an example for others by fulfilling my responsibilities as a citizen of my community.
Attendance: Attendance and punctuality are extremely important. Employers are interested in hiring persons with excellent work habits and attendance records; therefore, we make it our policy at GRTS to emphasize the importance of these characteristics to our students. Thus, student attendance is a major factor in student selection and retention.
Accountability: GRTS promotes good citizenship, a sense of civic responsibility, global awareness and an appreciation for human diversity. GRTS strives to employ the most efficient and appropriate use of fiscal and human resources in order to provide students with a quality, affordable technical education experience.
Adaptability: Preparing students for a global, technologically changing world requires GRTS faculty and staff members to be adaptive and responsive in developing and delivering programs and services. GRTS promotes involvement and provides experiences that foster a lifelong commitment to service and believes in the importance of sharing its human and academic resources with schools, businesses, industries and public agencies through partnerships and outreach activities.
Ambition: GRTS places a high value on the leadership shown by its faculty and staff. GRTS has a strong future orientation and a willingness to make long-term commitments, as well as the flexibility to respond quickly to meet community and industry needs.
|Technical Preparation for Careers
- Workforce preparedness: All students will receive training in professionalism, work ethic & attitude, in addition to technical training based on industry standards.
- Average 15 students per program
- 95% attendance
- All students are members of CTSOs
- PEP (student folders with resumes, letters of application, scoring guides from mock interviews), “Shop Professionalism Contest,” student test scores, D/F List, “Student of the Quarter” (each program)
- CORE data,
- Membership rosters
|Academic Preparation for Careers
- Students will have the academic skills in math and English required for post-secondary training and successful employment.
- Meet high school graduation requirements without reducing area school enrollment.
- Embedded credit
- Grade Level Expectations
- GRTS academic classes
- Proficiency Tests, TABE test (pre- and post-testing), D/F List, number of students in mandatory tutoring, surveys of advisory committee members & employers
- Enrollment data, area school surveys
- Placement of graduates
- 100% placement
- 90% of graduates are placed in continuing related education or employment related to program.
- 60% of all graduates continue with post-secondary training.