GRTS Students Recognized at Board Meeting
04 18 12 CT
C-T Photo / Drew Van Dyke
Grand River Technical School recognized seven students during the
Tuesday, April 17, meeting of the Chillicothe R-2 Board of Education.
They were Ty Coats (Braymer), Marc Jungles (Linn County), Hayden Hibner
(Meadville), Park Sinclair (Tina), Katie Ireland (Trenton), Danielle
Akers (Chillicothe), and Cori Locker (Southwest Ludlow).
From an enrollment of 735 students at Grand River Technical School, one post high and six high school students were selected for recognition by the Chillicothe R-II Board of Education because they epitomize everything for which Grand River Technical School stands:
- Personal commitment to career and technical education
- Success in tech program requirements
- Evidence of personal character and leadership
- Involvement in school/community activities
- Involvement in Career and Tech Student Organizations
- Commitment to field of study
Students include: Ty Coats of Braymer, Building Trades program; Marc Jungles of Linn Co., Welding program; Hayden Hibner of Meadville, Welding program; Park Sinclair, Industrial Maintenance program; Katie Ireland of Trenton, Collision Technology program; Danielle Akers of Chillicothe, Child Care program; Cori Locker of Southwest, Health Science Technology and EMT programs.
Students & Teachers
- Front Row, Left to Right: Mr. Mike Harrington, Park Sinclair, Marc Jungles, Hayden Hibner, Mrs. Pam Miller, Danielle Akers, Cori Locker, Mrs. Sonja Daley;
Back Row, Left to Right: Katie Ireland, Mr. Arch Haslar, Mr. Lee Caughron, Ty Coats, and Mr. Don Dennis
Students & Area Administrators
- Front Row, Left to Right: Park Sinclair, Linn Co. Principal Candi Ward, Hayden Hibner, Danielle Akers, Cori Locker;
Back Row, Left to Right: Katie Ireland, Marc Jungles, Linn Co. Superintendent Ryan Livingston, Meadville Superintendent Ron Holcer, Braymer Superintendent Don Regan, Ty Coats, GRTS Assistant Director Jayme Caughron